ETH Moodle App
We are proud to announce the brand new ETH Moodle App for Android and iOS available today! This app has been developed by the core developers of Moodle and is a specially branded version of the official Moodle App.
Please click on the link below to download the app:
Easy access, work offline and much more
Students and lecturers can access all their courses directly from their smartphone or tablet. This access has several advantages:
- You only have to login once for days and weeks at a time.
- You can download courses and access them offline.
- If you post an answer in a forum or solve a quiz while offline, the course will be synchronised when you are online again.
- You can include audio, video and pictures from your phone easily into your forum answers, messages and even assignment responses.
- The app uses GDPR-compliant push notifications for important dates (yes the Moodle calendar is placed directly on the start screen), messages and forum posts.
Similar but not equal
Although your course looks similar in the ETH Moodle App, there are some important differences (especially important for lecturers to know):
- There is no edit possibility to the course via app. So, if you want to edit your course, please use the web browser.
- The app doesn’t display any blocks (which you can add to your course individually).
- Some activities are not Moodle App ready yet (or not meant to work with the app). In those cases students (and lecturers) are forwarded to a web browser. At the moment the following activities are not app ready:
- Interactive Video Suite
- Student Quiz
- OU Blog
- Fair Allocation
- Collaborative Folder
If you have any feedback on the ETH Moodle App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.