Microsoft Teams Training for ETH Employees
Get fit and effective in Microsoft 365 and Teams. With many practical exercises, as well as tips and tricks: Register now for the basic module or an in-depth module.
Microsoft 365 and Teams offer many new possibilities for your everyday work and digital collaboration. The IT Services run a series of courses called “Smart Working” for employees who want to improve their skills.
At the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021, the IT Services launched a training programme on Microsoft 365 and Teams called “Smart Working”. The first round of courses met with great interest and the feedback was consistently positive. IT Services has now made some adjustments and is starting the second round of Smart Working trainings.
What has been changed?
A basic course is now offered in the ITS training room in Octavo. It will be held in much smaller groups. This is in response to the need to provide closer support for employees who want to familiarise themselves with the most important functions of Microsoft365/Teams. All modules are now also offered in English.
New forms of work require new tools
ETH Zurich, like many other companies, is in the process of learning that home office is not just a plan B in extraordinary times, but real alternatives. We are beginning to understand that it is not necessary to have a face-to-face meeting for every meeting and other mechanisms and methods can be used in order to collaborate much more efficiently and with significantly less friction. These new forms of collaboration also require appropriate tools. Smart Working training is dedicated to this paradigm shift and shows what an important role collaboration in virtual space will play in the future.
Smart Working is structured in three different modules (basic course, in-depth module on teams and in-depth module on collaboration). You will learn
- get to know the basic functions of Microsoft Teams
- how to use Teams for more efficient collaboration
- how to build and manage knowledge in Teams
- know useful apps such as Planner, Forms and OneNote and how to use them
- how to master challenges around virtual collaboration
Registration and further information
You can register on the following ETH website: https://ethz.ch/services/en/it-services/katalog/support-training/it-training/courses.html
- The basic course is set up as a one-day course and will be held on site in Oerlikon (OCT building). Please observe the coronavirus safety measures.
- The other two modules are conducted in two half-day online courses each as webinars.
- Each of the three modules can be booked individually. Please only register if you can attend both half-days.
- The modules are offered in both German and English.
- Second Round of ETH Smart Working Training Days https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2021/04/30/second-round-of-eth-smart-working-training-days/
- Smart Working Training Days https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2020/11/18/smart-working-training-days/
- Katharina Leith, Head IT Training, IT Services
- Urs Spätig, Course Director & Project Manager IT Procurement & Portfolio, IT Services