Informatiktage 2018: Exhibition and Informatics Festival
The Informatiktage 2018 will take place on Friday 1 & Saturday 2 June 2018. We are looking forward to your visit!
The ETH Zurich, with the Department of Computer Science (D-INFK) and the IT Services (ITS) are partners of the Informatiktage 2018.
Friday 1 and Saturday, 2 June 2018
For the third year in a row, 70 companies, universities and other organisations in the Canton of Zurich are taking part in the Informatiktage, providing a broad audience with exciting insights into the world of digitisation and IT. ETH is part of it – as host and co-organizer.
The program of the Informatiktage is now online and you can register for guided tours or workshops. Many events are without registration.
The ETH programme takes place largely in the CAB building near the main building in the centre.
What can you expect at ETH?
- telepresence robot to try out for yourself
- “the Data and We” presented by Scientific IT Services
- programming workshops for children and young people, also in special groups “Young with Old” or “Big with Small”
- open workshop with programmable bee robots for the little ones
- open studio, who has questions about his Thymio robot
- guided tours of the multimedia studio, where children can “fly over ETH Zurich” on the green screen.
- guided tours in an ETH computer centre, this year with focus on cooling
- lecture with live demo “How ETH drones may soon revolutionize the film industry”.
- exclusive guided tours with two emeritus professors who co-founded and shaped computer science at ETH, including Turing Award winner Niklaus Wirth
- ETH Vocational Education and Training presents the IT teaching and its fields of study
- there is an open exhibition area in the CAB with great demos and information stands
- In addition, this year we are working together with the University of Zurich and are offering a lecture in which the differences between studying computer science at the ETH and the University of Zurich will be highlighted.
We look forward to your visit as well as that of your families and friends.
Look out for the Informatiktage tram on lines 2, 3, 8 and 13, which runs through Zurich. Films are also shown in the tram.
Events in the vicinity
- Our Friends of Disney Research Zürich: https://informatiktage.ch/profile/disney-research-2018/
- University of Zurich, Institute of Computer Science: https://informatiktage.ch/profile/universitaet-zurich/
- Special guest at the CAB: https://informatiktage.ch/profile/mint-pepper-2018/
The Informatiktage are both an exhibition and an informatics festival at the same time
The Informatiktage takes place in-house at the host companies and organisations. As a visitor you immerse yourself in unknown, often surprising application worlds of computer science and get to know professionals, researchers and developers who work at the pulse of innovation and face the current and future challenges of the digitized world every day.
The aim of the Informatiktage is to make the fascination of informatics tangible and to show the diversity of IT. They want to ignite the fire for computer science among the population and especially among the younger generation. Target group are all people who want to learn more about computer science: Adults, children, young people, learners, students, graduates, staff, parents, schools, teachers, grandparents and professionals.