Young ‘n’ Rising: Open for Business
ETH trainees at Young ‘n’ Rising grow on real assignments and gain practical experience across professions.
Young ‘n’ Rising is a team led by trainees; it offers services in the form of interdisciplinary projects for all those associated with ETH Zurich. Alongside its goal of providing these services reliably and to a suitable level of quality, trainees’ primary focus is gaining practical experience and expanding and consolidating their vocational skills.
Young ‘n’ Rising thus expands on the teaching in the relevant vocational fields with an element that focuses on aspects like customer orientation and interdisciplinary collaboration. The independent work on genuine commissions from clients thus reinforces the trainees’ self-reliance and enables them to learn how to deal with time pressure, expectations and limiting framework conditions in a practically oriented and experience-based way.
Composition Young ‘n’ Rising
The team consists of trainees in various professions. At present, five prospective computer scientists (specialising in application development and systems engineering), one interactive media design trainee, one mediamatics trainee and one school trainee in Commerce are working together.
Employees of ETH Zurich can benefit from this service and apply for assignments with Young ‘n’ Rising. Young ‘n’ Rising is happy to receive enquiries about assignments via the contact form https://young-n-rising.ethz.ch/ (German only) and is looking forward to supporting exciting projects.
Young ‘n’ Rising in the News
- “Apprentices get a reality check” https://ethz.ch/en/news-and-events/eth-news/news/2020/06/Apprentices-get-a-reality-check.html (ETH news from Rebecca Lehman/HK)
- “Young ‘n’ Rising: a Success Story” https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2020/07/17/young-n-rising-a-success-story (ITS Blog)
- “The interactive CS3 World Map of Young ’n ’Rising” https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2020/04/09/the-interactive-cs3-world-map-of-youngnrising (ITS Blog)
IT Teaching & IT Training Lab
- “IT apprentices and trainees” https://ethz.ch/services/en/organisation/departments/it-services/career-in-the-it-services/lernende.html
- “More about the IT Training Lab at ETH Zurich” https://ethz.ch/services/en/organisation/departments/it-services/career-in-the-it-services/lernende/it-training-lab.html
- “Learn with me – vocational training from home” (German only) https://blogs.ethz.ch/id/2020/05/28/lern-mit-mir-berufsbildung-von-zuhause-aus/
- IT Training Lab – “IT vocational training at ETH” – pimped up, Episode 1 https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2020/04/29/it-training-lab-it-vocational-training-at-eth-pimped-up-episode-1
- IT Training Lab – “IT vocational training at ETH” – pimped up, Episode 2 https://blogs.ethz.ch/its/2020/04/29/it-training-lab-it-vocational-training-at-eth-pimped-up-episode-2
- Martin Schneider, Coach at Young ‘n’ Rising and Deputy Head of the IT Training Lab
- Marc Winkler, IT Vocational Training Director and Head of IT Training Lab
Young ‘n’ Rising Film coming soon…
The Young ‘n’ Rising film is currently still in production. Soon you will find the final product on the Website and at the same time you will get to know Young ‘n’ Rising a little better. We look forward to your visit…your Young ‘n’ Rising team!