Author: Roland Dietlicher
Co-authors in my weblog
Podcast: Weblogs in Education
Posting with external blog editors: the solution
We have found a good solution to an interface (XML-RPC) for ETH Weblog Service for external blog editors. We have tested various products such as Ecto, Mars Edit, and ScribeFire and found them to work flawlessly.
Posting with ScribeFire
There are several possible ways to release a posting to your blog:
1. Open your blog’s administrator page with your browser by
entering the blog’s URL + “/wp-login.php” and then log in with
your Nethz username & password.
2. Use the “Blog this” interface of various Internet services,
such as the “flickr” photo service.
3. Use a desktop blog editor. (A list of blog editors can be found here.)
We have successfully tested ScribeFire (formerly known as Performance) and will show you how to configure it:
So, if René Descartes never blogged …
Who is behind the ETH Weblog Service?
The ETH Weblog Service is a joint project of the ID-Basisdienste and the NET office. The main project members are:
- Yves Serrano, ETH Theme, User Support, ID-Basisdienste.
- Peter Bircher, System Engineering & Design, ID-Basisdienste.
- Swen Vermeul, nethz Integration, ID-Basisdienste.
- Dr. Matteo Corti, LDAP Integration, ID-Basisdienste.
- Pit Meurer, a wizard from the Blogosphere, NET freelancer.
- Julia Kehl, Help pages, NET.
- Dr. Thomas Piendl, co-project leader, NET.
- Roland Dietlicher, co-project leader, ID-Basisdienste.
The ETH Weblog Service is now in operation!
Starting now, all members of the ETH Zurich can open a Weblog.
With these “public diaries”, researchers can give others a peek into their laboratory work. Field teams can release reports and photos for the people at home. Instructors can accompany their students on-line throughout the semester. E-learning becomes an attractive and simple tool.
The first steps to using a Weblog are simple. It takes only minutes to register and set up a Weblog. Try it out!