Date and time: October 17th, 12:15 – 13:15
Location: ETH Zentrum. HG E41
Towards interactive lecture material. Increasing student engagement and comprehension
At ETH a number of lecturers have begun to leave the traditional PDF behind and are making their lecture material more interactive. Our presenters will show a colourful palette of tried-and-tested activities that students can complete while reading, studying or preparing for class. Examples include exploring visual timelines, checking personal progress with self-assessments, navigating interactive videos, voting on important content, completing simulations and more. All activities are fully integrated in the online lecture material.
At this Refresh Teaching event we will hear teaching staff describe a palette of scenarios that employ Interactive Lecture Material.
- Silvio Lorenzetti: Endeavours with eSkript – D-HEST
- Alexander Caspar: A Voting Star – D-MATH
- Manfred Einsiedler / Menny Akka / Anh Huy Truong: Interactive Simulations – D-MATH
- Norman Sieroka: Annotations on the Web – D-GESS/D-PHYS
- Christina Spengler: Progress and badges – D-HEST
Presentations, Documents and Links: