Date and time: June 25th 2019, 12:15 – 13:15
Location: ETH Zentrum, HG D18.1
Goldene Eule: Student award for teachers: What you always wanted to ask an awardee
The “Goldene Eule” is the annual award of the VSETH for exceptional teaching. Since 2005, lecturers from each department can be nominated and rated by students based on their teaching style. One lecturer from each department gets to win a “Goldene Eule” each year.
In this Refresh Teaching event, 4 “Goldene Eule” awardees and a representative of VSETH will share with you their experiences. You will have the chance to ask questions and discuss topics you think are relevant to make for good teaching with the following awardees:
- Prof. Dr. Nicole Wenderoth – Head of the Institute of Human Movement Sciences and Sport (D-HEST)
- Dr. Meike Akveld – Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics (D-MATH)
- Dr. Ulrich Genick – Lecturer at the Department of Biology (D-BIOL)
- Dr. Roland Müller – Lecturer and Study Coordinator at the Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST)
- Joy Schuurmans-Stekhoven (VSETH)
The discussion is intended to shed light on various aspects of good teaching at ETH Zurich. What are the experiences of the awardees and which aspects did they discover to make their teaching valuable for students? There will be the opportunity for discussion around this topic with the presenters and colleagues throughout the event.