WordPress MU 2.6.5 update finished successfully
Today, we have successfully updated our weblog infrastructure to WordPress MU 2.6.5. Within the next days, we have to to some more small adjustments which should not interfere with your work on this service. Unfortunately, we observed a performance problem with the new WordPress version on our infrastructure which slows down the response time of our service. We try to solve this issue as soon as possible.
What’s new in WPMU 2.6.5. ?
Quite a bit! I quote the feature list from the posting “WordPress 2.6” in the official blog of www.wordpress.org:
- A new standard layout
- Version numbers of WordPress standard edition and WordPress MU are now the same
- Post Revisions: Wiki-like tracking of edits
- Press This!: Post from wherever you are on the web
- Blgging with your iPhone
- Shift Gears: Turbo-speed your blogging–> See the link “Turbo” on the header of your dashboard
- Theme Previews: See it before your audience does
- Word count! Never guess how many words are in your post anymore.
- Image captions, so you can add sweet captions like Political Ticker does under your images.
- Bulk management of plugins.
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. It’s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG.
- Drag-and-drop reordering of Galleries.
- Plugin update notification bubble.
- Customizable default avatars.
- You can now upload media when in full-screen mode.
- Remote publishing via XML-RPC and APP is now secure (off) by default, but you can turn it on easily through the options screen.
- Full SSL support in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security.
- You can now have many thousands of pages or categories with no interface issues.
- Ability to move your
wp-contentdirectories to a custom location, for “clean” SVN checkouts.
- Select a range of checkboxes with “shift-click.”
- You can toggle between the Flash uploader and the classic one.
- A number of proactive security enhancements, including cookies and database interactions.
- Stronger better faster versions of TinyMCE, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
- Several bug fixes…
We are looking forward on your comments!